Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Missing In Action

Today has been super busy. I leave tomorrow for Columbus to prepare for this year’s O.F.A. Short Course, and there is so much to do until then! This brings us to a problem that many businesses face. What do I do when I am simply too busy to post on Social Media? This question to a business is frightening, and often discouraging. Often this problem can lead to disappointing results. The first is that this turns of businesses so much that they dismiss using Social Media in general, or that after a business has a busy period and misses a few posts, they simply fall off the wagon and rarely stick to their schedule or quit using Social Media entirely. They think that because they have missed a few posts their audience will be no longer be interested.
I’m here to tell you to “Stay calm and post on”. First things first, if you miss one post in your business’ regular schedule it is ok. It might even boost interest in older posts in some cases. In most cases it will have no impact on how large your audience is, especially your core audience that is actually listening to and engaging with your content. I would also recommend that you not hurry your next post. If you’re a day or more late in posting why not just wait till your next scheduled post? You have a schedule because content gets more attention at certain times, so don’t waste your content when it won’t be noticed.
For others of you out there who have already missed more than just a couple posts on any of your Social Media sites, it’s time to get back on the horse. Just because you may have lost some attention while you have been absent doesn’t mean that you won’t still have an audience out there. Social Media is a free marketing tool. Just because you might not be noticed by a million users your first day back to posting doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start again. It might actually allow for you to revamp and change your Social Media scheme.
Well, that’s all I’ve got for today. Next time I’ll talk about how to prevent this problem all together.  I will try to get at least one more post in while I’m on the road this week and the beginning of next week, so keep checking back, and if not I’ll for sure be back with something new on Tuesday! See you all at O.F.A. this weekend.
Also on another note if these posts have been somewhat helpful feel free to find me on Klout.com and shoot me a +K to let me know! Thanks

“Have they found a solution to the Downy Mildew problem yet? I’m so anxious you could say I’m being Impatiens”        I swear I think the posts are getting better but the jokes, I know are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment